Arise and shine, Africa, for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee! This is the message written by the Holy Spirit from Isaiah 60:1 in the hearts of thousands of indigenous Africans and descendants from Africa today, and as it reverberates throughout the world, many have come to realize the special role that Africa is to play as the Risen Star in the 21st century. Africa, through the Church of Jesus Christ, is taking its rightful place on the global stage, and will emerge as the global leader in the management of world affairs. The continent has been characterized by hunger, civil wars, ethnic clashes, environmental degradation, negative exploitation of natural resources, abuse of cultural values, abuse of human rights, lack of information, poor economic bases, and lack of proper governance. But never again shall be called the “Dark Continent”! This is where Afro-Vision comes in.
Statement: THE GLOBAL LEADER IN THE MANAGEMENT OF WORLD AFFAIRS
To contribute to the fulfillment of the vision for the African continent of the 21st Century by providing an enabling environment for the members of Christ’s kingdom army to revolutionize world kingdoms and empower the African to be what God originally intended him to be: a leader.
- To enlighten the African and create an awareness of the vision for the 21st century through the existing Church structure, at the same time facilitating communication and establishing cooperation among it’s different arms (Church ministries, Non-Governmental Organizations, Community Groups, etc.)
- To empower the African people individually or in groups, associations, professions or any other social grouping, by teaching the practice of the values of life (self-identity, holistic development, justice and good governance and abundance of life)
- To strengthen the capacity of Africans in business by providing a trade centre to facilitate networking, information technology from other parts of the world.
- In all areas an emphasis on women is to be stressed to include an active and positive participation on their part.
The Kingdom City
It is the intention of Afro-Vision to build a “Kingdom City” that will contain a Bible School and general training colleges, a university, convention centers for meetings, hotels and condominiums, leisure and entertainment facilities, as well as host the Kingdom Bank and World Trade Center. In the long-term, these and the activities mentioned below are to be located on a 200-acre piece of land situated near the Kenyan Coast – Mombasa.
- To set up a Kingdom Ministry Co-ordination Department (KMCD) that will:
- Disseminate the Vision to the Church Structure in Africa through convening meetings, seminars, conferences and crusades.
- Create a member’s database and newsletter which will inform members of activities and news from all over the continent
- Put up a video conferencing studio/theatre that will be used to tap into renowned men of God, as well as show Christian films and messages
- Create a database of ministries and organizations on the African continent
- Provide a Counseling service to those in need of it
Develop and conduct teaching and training programmes based upon Biblical Kingdom principles to:-
- Impart wisdom and knowledge (values of life) to pertinent social groups;
- Provide business training;
- Provide information Technology training;
- Develop, publish and sell books, audio and video tapes relating to the training programmes;
- Motivate to excellence and integrity;
- Organize seminars and workshops as required;
- Create a database of resource persons and companies.
Form the core for the activities of Afro-Vision. This would serve as a:
- Business Center, handling
- Business investments
- Joint ventures
- Virtual offices for visitors
- Publishing information for networking opportunities
- Organization of networking meetings
- Creation of a business directory and investment guide
- The creation of a database of resource persons and companies
- Hosting Trade Missions
- Hosting Trade Conferences & Exhibitions
- Communications Center, providing
- Secretarial services
- Telephone and fax facilities
- Photocopying facilities
- E-mail, internet and web browsing facilities
- E-commerce facilities
- Employment Bureau, connecting the CTD with the Business Center in providing manpower of proven integrity and excellence to employers
- Kingdom Bank, that will provide
- Banking services for the trade that the Business Center generates, as well as facilities for the center’s members
- Micro-finance credit facilities for start-ups and running businesses
Afro-vision will equip and send out missionaries to operate in all areas of life – social, economic and political
- Afro-Vision will produce self-sufficient, trained and well-rounded individuals (Church Leaders and ministry co-ordinators, professionals, politicians, businessmen, temporary workers, missionaries) who will understand their dominion at their place of work, and purpose in extending the Kingdom of God to those areas in which they find themselves placed. “For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry…” (Ephesians 4:12a)
- In conjunction with the Church network, Afro-Vision will lobby to have kingdom citizens of proven integrity and capability selected and appointed to key positions in the Executive (Senior Government positions), the Judiciary (Judges and Magistrates), and the Legislative (Parliament), arms of African Governments. “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and he shall reign forever and ever” (Rev.11:15b)
- An increase in the economic and social status of respective African countries as their peoples become better trained and purposeful in their development activities, and more income is generated through networking that produces intensified trade. “I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in good health just as thy soul prospereth…” (3 John 2)