U.G.A.N.I.C – CIVIC EDUCATION
PROJECT TITLE: PASTORS EDUCATION PROGRAMME
PROJECT PERIOD: DECEMBER 2012 – DECEMBER 2013
TARGET GROUP: PASTORS, GENERAL PUBLIC INCLUDE, CHURCHED CONGREGATION, COMMUNITY LEADERS, YOUTHS, WOMEN AND MARGINALISED GROUPS
GEOGRAPHICAL COVERAGE: – 47 COUNTIES
- Increase pastors and community awareness on governance issues as they relate to democracy, Human Rights, Rule of law, Nation building and participatory governance.
- Enhance the capacity of communities to participate and exercise their democratic rights in governance processes.
- Strengthen peace dialogue and reconciliation initiatives among the communities.
- Training Workshops i.e. Pastors fellowships for County Civic Education facilitation (PCEF).
- County community meeting to include fellowships, congregational meetings and forums, self help groups, open air meetings, chiefs barazas other public forums
- Follow-up meetings.
What structure will be used for managing the project?
- Strategic Board at National level
- Steering Committee @ National level
- Regional Consultative Committee
- District Consultative committee
- Address Policy matters
- Liaise with donors and other stakeholders
- Represent CEP in public relation for a will make strategic decisions and ensures that the programme is kept within the mission of UGANIC.
Responsible for managing the day to day implementation of PCEP – meeting on monthly basis to plan and evaluate the progress of the programme. Ensure linkage between project and strategic board and that all contractual obligations are fulfilled.
REGIONAL CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE
To meet on a bi-monthly basis to plan for and review counties activities. Undertake monitoring, compile field reports for national office.
DISTRICT CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE
Meet on monthly basis to plan for and review counties activities; undertake monitoring all counties activities, compile field reports for regional secretariat
Who will be involved in the day to day management and project implementation / what are their experiences and expertise.
- There should be regional coordinators with degree/diplomas in social science with community development work experience from partner organization
- Administrative Secretary with a certificate / diploma in secretarial studies and office administration
- At the district level have pastors and holders of diploma / degree in social science and with experience in civic education as contact persons to liaise with regional
How to keep track of and report on the project, programmatically and financially
- National – quarterly meeting of strategic board /steering committee to review activities, provide feedback to donors, consider progress reports , make necessary recommendations, Internal/External Audit Process, National review and planning meetings with regional coordinators
- Regional – Monitoring done by RCC bi monthly /DCC monthly at grassroots
Circumstances outside project control that might influence the project in plans and outcomes / how to deal with them
- Enabling political environment for civic education
- Enhanced government approval 4 caps
- Increased awareness among the communities on governance issues.
- The introduction of district funding mechanism for projects at the grassroots level e.g. CDF, LATIF
- The outcome of the referendum will form a negative environment for CEP
- Vastness of region/district/counties hinder proper smooth coordination of the program
Measure taken to reduce any negative impact of the project
- Continuous CE for churched people to make informed choices
- Continuous peace building initiatives at regional district county
- Involve all stakeholders at all levels
- Non partisan delivery of CE
- Transparency and accountability in all matters relating to the project
- Adoption and use of local cultural / community structures
If you’re stuck with a college essay paper, you might need some more assistance in order to achieve the best grade. Perhaps you’re exhausted due to studying, or you’re not getting enough sleep. Maybe you’re unable to adjust to a new language. What ever the case having someone else write my essay paper can prove to be life-saving. It is possible to hire an essay writer to do the task. Edubirdie is making the procedure of someone write my assignment hiring an essayist a whole lot easier and more efficient.